Volunteer Program at the Kosciuszko Foundation
The Kosciuszko Foundation is eager to hear from college and graduate students and community members interested in supporting the Foundation's work through pro bono service. There are several ways for volunteers to help the Foundation. Candidates should have good communication, research and computer skills. Time commitment is flexible and varies based on your interests and specific needs of the Foundation. You can volunteer as much as your schedule allows.
Please see descriptions of our volunteer opportunities below:
1. KF Annual Dinner & Ball – April 27, 2019, the Plaza Hotel
We need a few volunteers to help us with the preparations for the Ball and/or to be a Ball Day volunteer. Responsibilities include helping with the promotional activities, identifying and reaching out to donors; setting up the event, greeting and assisting guests when needed, selling raffle tickets, providing general event monitoring, and more.
2. Cultural and Special Events: The KF holds many cultural and special events each year. We seek volunteers to assist us in making all of our events interesting and enjoyable.
3. Office Help: The foundation needs volunteers to answer phones, help with archives digitalization, mailings, data entry and other administrative tasks to assist full-time staff members;
4. Creative Support: contribute your special skills (such as photography, graphic design, writing, etc.) to a variety of organizational activities;
5. Research: help us with researching prospective foundation, corporate and individual donors.
REASONS TO VOLUNTEER:
Apart from your own motivation for being part of the Kosciuszko Foundation team, there are additional reasons why you should sign up! These include:
- Free membership to the organization*
- A gift as a small token of gratitude
- Recognition event
- A letter from the KF President recognizing volunteer's contributions
- A chance to make new friends and meet diverse and interesting people
- The opportunity to make an invaluable contribution to the KF
- The ability to gain valuable work experience to add to your CV and to learn new skills
- The potential of gaining recognition through mentions, thanks and credits in printed and online materials
* Minimum 50 hours time commitment required.
To volunteer please contact us at: email@example.com and provide the following:
b) Please choose the area of involvement that interests you most (you may mark more than one option):
☐ KF Annual Dinner & Ball
☐ Cultural & Special Events
☐ Office Help
☐ Creative Support
c) Describe some of your interests, talents or skills and specify what could you add to the Foundation through your volunteer work
d) If you want to contribute in the category of creative support, please provide sample of your work (graphic designs, pieces of writing, etc.)
Thank you for your interest in volunteer opportunities with the Kosciuszko Foundation!